STEVE IS COMING.

September 15, 2010

Hallo, gutten morgen :)

Beberapa minggu yang lalu, ada bule yang homestay dirumah saya selama kurang lebih tujuh hari. Namanya Steve, bule dari San Fransissco, California, USA. Umurnya sepantaran ayah saya, dan dia juga seorang guru. Sebenarnya, saya males ngupload-upload foto di blogger, lamaaa, tapi Steve udah janji mau ngunjungi blog ini, yasudah biar seneng, itung-itung nyenengin bule (?)

On the first day, when I just have arrived at home. He talked around with my father in front of the fishpond. I introduced my self then, and so did he. Ah ya, and he said that I have a nice unifrom hehehe (aku pake putih abu-abu waktu itu).

When stayed here, Steve slept at my colourfull room, wth the Hello Kitty bed --’’. For the first time, I thougt that he will feel amused, haha, but guess what? He told me that he likes my room. He also told me that he likes Hello Kitty very much, his classroom in San Fransissco was decorated with Hello Kitty. Wow, I can’t believe. How a interesting class it should be!

One that I regretted : I can’t spare most of my time to speak a lot with him, because I must went to school. Ussually, I went to school in early morning at 05.40, and I just can say “good morning” to him. When I arrived at home, I was so glad if we can having a talk during the dinner. Although my english converstion was not good enough, I imposed myself to speak up, it’s a really good chance. Then, Steve said to me,
“Your english is good”
“Really, I still on the base level”
“No, it’s seem that you’re understand what I speak, isn’t it?”
“Oh yes, I’m understand actually, it more difficult when I start to speak. There were a lot of words in my mind but I can speak them up clearly. I think, I’m better in writing. I’m still on learning to have a conversation”
“OK, but I think you’re good. Keep practice”

Wohoooo, padahal belepotan gitu lo aku ngomongnya dibilang bagus *dancingaround. Usually my big brother was accompanied Steve (cause he haven’t take his class in university), he explain everything about Surabaya and answered Steve’s questions. My brother was totally good in conversation. Wah cas-cis-cus gitu deh, iri saya T.T

In the next day, my father, Steve, and my brother piked me up in the school and we went to House of Sampoerna together. Here’s some photos that we’ve taken:







Oh ya, he’s came to Surabaya to see about our school, especially islamic school. He went to Al-Hikmah and a kinderganten at Sukodono. He told me that it’s funny, he shared with Al-Hikmah students about shcoolife in San Fransissco and he said that he was being tired because of he must “salim” with almost 100 children in kindergarten, haha.

Once a night, Steve was talking with my brother about the slang, our slang. You know, Surabaya has a special word, don’t you? They were talked ‘bout that. Misuh-misuh itu looo..
“Usually people in Surabaya express their mad with say JANCUK.” My brother said.
“Oh, jancuk? Can you spell it?” *exited
J-A-N-C-U-K. It just has the same meaning like FUCK.”
“Oh, I see.”
“But, it just not say when we mad. If we say with a normal/soft voice, it hasn’t the similiar meaning with fuck. Mmmm, the meaning is depend on our intonation to say it. For the example if you say ‘hi, jancuk, how are you?’ it sounds like ‘hi, BUDDY, how are you?’ ”
“Hmmm, In USA, fuck has one meaning whatever your intonation. Maybe when you greet your friend with ‘hi, fuck, how are you?’ they will hit you.”
“Ah ya, you should see this video” *DILIATIN VIDEO GRAMMAR SURABAYA
Njaluk tuluuuuung rek, bule adoh-adoh mrene diajari misuh --’’ Aku geleng-geleng liate.

In the last day, we were having a dinner together, just like a farewell party at Agis.
When I, Steve, and My brother looked at the menu, Steve said that he wanna eat a traditional food from Surabaya. My Brother suggested him to order Rujak Cingur, then he ordered it and Sate. In other condition my brother ordered tenderloin steak (krik krik krik --’’), Can you imagine? Steve ate Rujak Cingur and my brother ate Steak, dasar kebarat-baratan --’’

Oh ya, ada satu kejadian lucu pas Steve selesai makan..
(makan cingurnya, trus ditunjukin) “What is this?”
“Oh, it is cingur. The cow’s nose”
“Nose? Cow?”
“Yes, the cow’s nose”
“Oh realy? Hmmm, oh, okay” (mukanya pucet)
“I’m sorry I don’t talk to you before Steve”
“Oh, hmmm, okay. I just still can’t believe that I eat the cow’s nose”
“Yeah, that’s our traditional food”
“What’s it’s name?”
“Rujak Cingur”
“I’ll share it to my students. Yeah, Rujak Cingur, hmmmm” (mengernyit)
I just can’t belive that Steve must leave Surabaya in the next following morning. I wanna he stayed a little bit longer again T.T
Here’s a letter he write for my family:
To Anwar family:
Thank you all for, being such wonderful hosts. I couldn’t have asked for more hospitality. The delicious home-cooked authentic Javanese food, the careful driving to schools and sights, the ure of of chiokies bedroom, and the comfort of a lovely home with such gracious friendly people will leave a lasting impression on me. Please accept a few taken of appreciation. Most importantly, please know you have a friend in the U.S. and that you are always welcome in my home in San Francisco. I hope we can stay in contact- my email is on the attached card. You all will always have a good place in my heart.
Steve.
That is so unyuuuuuuuuuuu :)
Thanks Mr.Steve, for visiting Indonesia and Surabaya. I hope you can come again to my house, or I can visit you in San Fransisco someday, amiiin. Best wishes for you.

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Subscribe